Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes Recipe
If you came across my Hasselback Potatoes on Instagram, then here is the recipe.
Time for preparation: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Time to cook: 30-35 minutes ( But they may take longer so allow up to 45 mins)
View this post on Instagram
🥔CHEESY HASSELBACK POTATOES 🥔 — Link in bio My Family and I had a load of potatoes that needed to be used and I wasn’t feeling making mash, jackets OR wedges tonight. So I’ve made Hasselback Potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, Rosemary, herbs, dash of salt and Sprinkle or Parmesan cheese! Want the recipe? (Click the Link in my bio. What would you eat this with? #wastenofood #foodwastewarriors #potatorecipes #hasselbackpotatoes #buongiorno #fodmap #fodmaprecipes #dinnerideas #easyrecipes #ukrecipes #foodstyling #londonfoodblog #storecupboardcooking #foodphotography #homemade #iorestoacasaecucino #patate #patatealforno #patatehasselback #potatoes #ricetteconpatate #londoncook #foodporn #parmigianoreggiano
This served 4 people.
Pinch of Mixed Herbs
Pinch of Rosemary,
Pinch of Salt
Dash of Cayenne Pepper
Sprinkle of Black pepper
Grated Parmesan Cheese,
2 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar,
Potatoes, (As many as you want)
How to make Hasselback Potatoes:
- Wash and peel the potatoes – try and keep them as round as possible and same size. If they are not, slice them into rounds. Wash again and place them onto a chopping board.
- Make thin slices into the potatoes taking care not to cut through the potatoes completely.
- Place the potatoes into a pot of cold water, with a pinch of salt and white wine vinegar. Leave them soak in the water for an hour.
- Boil the potatoes for 12 minutes in the same water that they soaked in so that they start to soften but not too soft.
- Empty the pot of the water and place the potatoes into a baking tray, or roasting tray., make sure that each potato sits nicely on the tray and is not touching another.
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- Then, drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle on your spices, mix, herbs, rosemary, cayenne pepper, butter.
- Toss the potatoes in the tray making sure each potato is covered in this mix and place the tray into the oven. cook for 15 minutes then turn the potatoes over and re drizzle the mix from the tray over the potatoes to recoat them in liquid for another 15 minutes.
- Leave the potatoes to cook until they are soft inside, crispy golden looking on the outside. Disclaimer, mine took 45 minutes until they were perfectly cooked.
Have a look at the potatoes, once you are happy, it’s time to serve. One thing I could not get over was how good the rosemary and potatoes smell! I was salivating whilst they were cooking.
How to serve:
If your potatoes look dry, drizzle another teaspoon of olive oil over the potatoes and then sprinkle as much or as little Parmesan as you like.
Eat yours with whatever you fancy – I had mine with baked beans and sausages!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this Hasselback Potato Recipe.