Eating with Precious eats outside LONDON!
In January 2018 Eating with Precious made it’s first journey outside the UK for 2018 and took on Tenerife for some winter sunshine.
Although, the hotel I stayed at Iberostar in Costa Adeje was all inclusive, I felt the need to venture out of the dining room to a local restaurant. Whilst searching, my new found Italian holiday friends suggested El Makami.
El Makami is located on Playa de Fanabe beach aka the beach front. It’s an Tapas Restaurant and Bar with a twist ALL TAPAS ARE ITALIAN!
Playa de Fanabe beach is also perfect to watch the sunset/ get in for a swim/catch that Vitamin D and then head to a restaurant for dinner or a bar for a few drinks! I took this photo whilst sat on a sun lounger one evening after visiting El Gran Sol
El Makami has a range of tapas (Pescado -Fish/Pescatarian , Vegetales -Veggie, Carne -Meat) and also offers various tapas of the day.
The waitress at El Makami was friendly and speaks both Italian and English (Great if you want to practice your Italian). The restaurant is quaint and clean.
What was ordered?
- Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce, Rocket Salad Pesto and Salted Ricotta,
- Tuna Tartare with Raspberry Vinaigrette, Cucumber and Basil,
- Trilogy of Beef Burger
- Fried Calamari
- Italian Tuna Thai (Tuna Steak, Mozzarella, Bread and Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce)
- Trilogy of Vegetables – Carrot Slush, Millefogile of Sweet Peppers and Courgette filled with Mojito (Cheese,Lime and Mint)
The Tuna Tartare was incredible! The saltiness of the tuna mixed with the tart, sharp, sweet raspberry.
The Tuna stacks were not overly spicy rather a hint of sweet spice so do not panic if you do not like spice. El Makami is onto a great combination with Mozzarella and Sweet Chilli.
The courgette was filled with cheese! I could not wait to let it ooze out.
The middle dish – sweet peppers had a crunchy outer texture.
The Gnocchi was another winner.
As Tapas is meant for sharing I’d recommend around 5/6 dishes to share between (maybe a bit more if you’re feeling slightly hangry!)
- Price – The tapas range between 5-8 Euros each which is reasonable.
- Location – Although it was tricky to find initially if you come from the street level instead of the beach. However El Makami is right on the beachfront which makes it perfect for Summer time.
- Best Dish – The Tuna Tartare and Trio of Vegetarian Dishes.
If you are ever visiting Tenerife (Costa Adeje or Playa de Fanabe) make sure you give El Makami a try and quote EatingwithPrecious!